Whitefield Academy commits to creating a Christ-centered, supportive community for students by offering a variety of opportunities to expand interests,
knowledge, and friendships. These experiences broaden students’ horizons and foster an environment that allows them to attempt new feats and improve existing
Dozens of clubs and projects provide interesting experiences for students starting in our earliest grades. Each Lower School grade participates in a community
service project during the year, while Middle School and Upper School students participate in mentoring programsand school-wide service projects. At Whitefield,
students may pursue new interests, develop their God-given talents, and understand the importance of building relationships with those outside their community.
- Overnight experience at the Atlanta Zoo observing nocturnal animals
- Cave sleep-over at Desoto Caverns in Alabama
- Marine Biology studies on the Georgia coast
- Space Camp adventures at the U.S. Space Rocket Center in Alabama
- Washington D.C. history and culture tour
- Annual summer mission trip to Quito, Ecuador
- Spring Break trips to international destinations
Director of Student Life
Tyrone Johnson has more than 20 years of experience in education teaching subjects from health to Biblical studies. He has been a part of Whitefield Academy since 2001, and serves as the Director of Student Life and varsity boys basketball head coach. Under his leadership, Whitefield Academy has become one of the elite teams in Class A winning three state basketball championships and claiming four runner-up finishes. Johnson earned his bachelor’s degree from Troy University, and his master’s in educational leadership from the University of West Florida.